Lots of people have problems with removing cigarette and cigar odors after they quit smoking. Since we deal with smoke odors everyday we thought we would provide a few simple steps to rid your home of the offending odor:
- Get rid of the cigarettes and cigars causing the odors. (Seems obvious but want to make sure we cover all the steps).
- Empty any ashtrays or other containers that may contains ashes.
- Remove and replace your HVAC (Heating & Air Conditioning) filters.
- Open Windows and allow air to flow freely through home.
- Baking Soda can be lightly sprinkled on fabrics of sofas and chairs. Let it stay for a few hours then vacuum off.
- Vinegar can be used to reduce the lingering odors of both burnt, cigarette and cigar odors. Place a shallow bowl about 3/4 full of white vinegar in the area where the scent is the strongest. Use more than one bowl if needed.