If you live in an apartment, you probably know that the confined quarters and a limited amount of ventilation can cause a buildup of odors that can linger no matter how much cleaning you do. The most important step you can take in eliminating odors in your apartment is to identify the source of the problem. Hiring an apartment odor elimination company may be necessary to completely remove the odor.
Common Sources of Apartment Smells
Smells that occur in apartment settings generally fall into a number of common categories:
· Stale air – Poor air circulation or lack of sufficient windows can lead to the buildup of cooking odors, sweat, body odors, tobacco and pet odors.
· Humidity – During hot summers or in climates where hot weather is the norm, humidity can create an unpleasant musty odor in apartments that can be difficult to eliminate.
· Old materials – Old materials, like drapes or carpeting, can have odors that linger stubbornly.
· Mold/mildew – Even if the plumbing in your apartment has not leaked, you can receive a transfer of odor from other apartments with problems.
· Odors in heating and air-conditioning ducts – Dirt, dust, mildew, insects and small animals can cause odors from heating and air-conditioning vents that linger in your apartment.
Getting Rid of Odors
To get rid of an apartment odor completely, you are likely to have to go through a number of steps:
· Locate the source of the odor – Use your nose to track down where the odor is coming from. It may be a trash receptacle under the sink, a closet, textiles such as drapes or carpeting or odors emanating through vents or in walls.
· Let in some air – Open windows or set out fans to get the air moving in the apartment to dispel odors.
· Use an enzyme cleaner – These special cleaners contain components that break down proteins from pet accidents, food spills and other problems.
· Wash with vinegar – Vinegar is a good natural deodorizer that does not leave a heavy chemical odor.
· Sprinkle baking soda – Baking soda is another natural compound that can absorb odors and leave carpeting and upholstery smelling fresher without harsh chemicals.
· Contact a professional odor elimination company – If you have tried to remove the odors with ordinary cleaning measures without effect, contact a professional company that does apartment odor elimination. They can use special measures to remove persistent odors.
You don’t have to live with unpleasant apartment smells. If general cleaning techniques do not provide the improvement you need, contact an apartment odor elimination company that can use professional-grade compounds to make your living quarters smell fresh and clean again.